Sports and athletics are wonderful ways to improve fitness and maintain optimal health. However, the more you exert your body, the more risk you have for sustaining injury. The most common athletic injuries include trauma to the back, neck and joints, muscle strains, tendonitis, spinal misalignment, contusions, stress fractures, strains and sprains. As a result, you may experience pain, inflammation, swelling, spasms and headaches.
When you’ve sustained an athletic injury, you will likely be seeking to relieve pain as well as strengthen your musculoskeletal system to prevent future injury. Oftentimes, our patients are looking to get back into optimal condition quickly to reengage in athletics. We get it. Our integrative approach to medicine can help you reach your goals. Chiropractic adjustments used in tandem with acupuncture, massage and/or naturopathic supplements and dietary recommendations help to treat your injury from all angles. Our number one goal is to heal your injury and help you build strength so you may continue to enjoy the athletics that bring balance to your life while avoiding future injury.
All of our Chiropractors are trained to work with athletic injuries, but Dr. Kellin Keesee at our Lake Oswego location has made this his specialty, and has done extra training to become a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP).
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians® (CCSP®) have completed a minimum of 100 hours of post-doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics and must pass a Board examination
- Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
- Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities
- Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement
- Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints and connective tissues
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques
- Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care
- Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners
- Have access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach wellness model, focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain